Purpose - Direction - Faith

A single thing worth fighting for

Friday, September 3, 2010

An Alaskan Adventure

How ridiculous is my life? I am so blessed.

First off, let me just say my boss rocks. She really looks out for me, as it was her who suggested that I go on this trip. So props to Laura for being the world's best boss. Truth be told, I am getting ahead of myself. Okay.



I spent 8 days in the Alaskan wilderness outside of Healy, AK. Which, if you don't know where that is, which you probably don't because I went to school with more people then live in that town....anyways its about a two hour drive south of Fairbanks (I can make it in 1.5hrs, just ask Eric Porter). This was the most epic camping trip i've been on, not just because of the amazing surroundings, but I had the chance to work with some of the most sick downhill mountain biking pros. I was the tech guy for my company's camera, which may sound geeky, but there's nothing geeky about;

1. Hiking 2-3 hours a day to remote locations.
2. Drinking more beers in one week then I had all year.
3. Learning the trade with the most professional pros.
4. Learning what a tundra wookie means.
5. Watching Eric Porter tailwhip a MTB bike off a bar. Yeah.






The trip was legit, I met a bunch of rad guys, including a 6 foot 5 kewi from New Zealand. They aren't as bad as people say, all bark and no bite, the guy was legit. All in all, the trip was a success and we got done what we needed, mostly on the last day too. AND I'm stoked to say I got paid to be there, so could I have it any better? I don't think so.







Anyways, I got the chance the use my interval controller with my 5D while I was there. Course I didn't bring a battery charger, so the time lapses aren't as long as I'd hope, but whatever the edit is cool. Check it out.

Alaskan time Lapses from Alec Cattarin on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! So jealous. Very cool Alec, sounds like you have a sweet job. Love the videos too. You have a 5D? Not fair. :-)

    ReplyDelete