Purpose - Direction - Faith

A single thing worth fighting for

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hell week(s) - A running/biking/swimming dialog

I'm a little under 4 weeks away from my Ironman race. Seeing as the last two weeks before the race are taper weeks, this leaves the next few to be "Hell weeks" in regards to training.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to document this time. As its probably going to be the most draining two weeks so far in my life, not only physically but also emotionally I think.

Friday - May 28th
Rode my bike in the basement for about 2.5 hours. I figure that works out to around 45-48miles. I watched the movie Legion (don't recommend it at all). Luckily it was over at the 1.5hr mark, so i took the opportunity to blast some worship music for the last hour. Riding a bike and singing at the top of your lungs is difficult.

Saturday - May 29th
Woke up early and got down to Greenlake for a morning swim. The lake is still cold, even with a wetsuit, but there is something about being up just as the sun is rising and being surrounded by water - I HIGHLY recommend this experience.
Ran around lake Union and the ballard locks for 1.6hrs. Did 12 miles I am pretty sure. Really hurt, this running thing isn't a whole lot of fun ;)

Sunday - May 30th
Woke up at the crack of dawn and jumped on the bike again. This time I rode to Fairhaven for the Ski to Sea festival (95miles). Tough to start the ride, but brilliant none the less. Beautiful weather, great music, and good nutrition made this bike ride to Bellingham much better then the 1st one I did.
SIDE NOTE: Also hiked Oyster dome and camped at the top. Not to mention trail ran to lake Lilly for a little excursion. Some places like that lake are hidden for a reason, the stillness there made the pain of running to it worth it.

Monday - May 31st
Woke up ontop of a mountain with the trees soaked with dew, raining on our tents. The root in my back made the night's sleep difficult, but Brian Bauer's body heat couldn't be matched! Haha. Got back to Seattle and ran around Greenlake a few times, 7miles. Then swam greenlake late at night 1.5miles. Swimming at night is just better'd by a early morning swim. I'm pretty sure at one point i switched to my back and watched the stars for a little. ;)

Tuesday - June 1st
Trying to get today's bike ride in what a tough cookie. Slept in til 8 instead of waking up early to bike. As I type this I actually have a editing project I should be working on...so this should really be short. But I biked Lake Washington today (51miles) and felt great! I did the math, and I think I averaged somewhere between 19 to 20 mph, which is pretty ridiculous. Best part is I feel great!

Wednesday - June 2nd
Today's lesson, don't eat a foot long subway sandwich, three white chocolate macadamian nut cookies (i needed the calories) an hour before you run 12miles. Yah. Off day tomorrow!

Friday - June 4th
Woke up bright and early this morning and swam 2miles in Greenlake. It was an overcast morning with a light rain on the lake, but the water was super calm. Felt great swimming, my own little world. Finished today with an 30mile bike ride in the basement, nice and easy. Longest run of my life tomorrow. Yay :/

Saturday - June 5th
I completed the longest run of my life so far today. 18miles. It was a beautiful day for the run, absolutely glorious, no complaints at all. My hampstring started to cramped at mile14, well have to work on that. Here's to hoping for the same weather for tomorrow's bike ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment