Purpose - Direction - Faith

A single thing worth fighting for

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Next Year of My Life


Its Tuesday morning. I woke up at six this morning and ran eight miles. First time in my life I ran that much. Funny thing is, yesterday I swam a mile then ran four. Hmm kind of funny behavior.

Well! Sunday my most excellent roommate Brian Bauer competed in the Coure d'alaine Ironman! And well the bug kind of bit me. So I'm currently signed up for next years race! I really don't think the reality of this commitment has hit me. Which is a good thing, because I don't think I would have made the decision to do it, if it had. I am really excited though. Now I have a reason to get into shape, and tap that inner strength. I mean what better time than your 20's right? Well the whole thing cost around 600$ so I better pony up and do this right.

In the meantime I just signed up for an Olympic Race at the end of July! So that is on my plate right now (hence I ran eight miles this morning). Kind of a big decision in life, and I know it will be a great one!

Here's to a year of swimming, biking and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment